Monday, February 9, 2009

Sweet Haylee

Haylee in her new Christmas dress. This little girl is simply the sweetest little thing I've ever met. She just has a genuine sweet, tender heart. I've never seen anything like it. She cares about everyone around her. She never wants anybody to be sad. The other day we saw her on the ground comforting a little girl who was sad... laying down by her and stroking her arm and talking quietly and gently to her, probably saying "its okay..." A couple days ago we were on the way home from her Grandpa's house in the evening, after a birthday party that afternoon, and out of nowhere she says "I had fun at Connor's house. I had fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Thank you mama taking me to Connor's house. Thank you mama taking me to Grandma and Grandpa's house." No prompting whatsoever. (I have taught her to thank me for those kinds of things in the past, but I had said nothing that day.) I just couldn't believe it.

Just now her brother woke up and after smiling at him and saying "good morning" she says "want a toy?" and she goes and gets him a toy to play with. She does that all the time... whenever he's crying, or grabbing at stuff when we're changing his diaper... she ask's him if he wants a toy and goes and gets him one. What a doll. I am so grateful to have this sweet little child in my life. She is such a good example to me.

6 comments:

Ams4Ever said...

She is such a sweet little girl...She looks cute in her dress. I thought it was cute when Janeal told me she recognized a photo of me on Janeal's wall, it made me smile. And McKay is getting so big.

THE TAYLORS said...

I can't wait to have a girl... I only pray she will be a sweet heart for me :)

Rainee said...

Awwww I wish I could meet her! :)

♥Shelley said...

What a little doll, you've taught her well. I love your Hillary Weeks weeks post, too funny!

Grace Tolman said...

thank you so much for stopping by my blog. You have a good looking family. take care

Holly said...

she is sweet-- that dress- her pose-- the post-- I love it!