Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wow... I'm 30!!

Yep - Its true. I'm officially no longer a twenty-something. Now I'm a wise, mature, experienced woman. (Yeah-right!!!!) I'm 30 anyway. Heh...
It's good being 30. I don't feel 30, but I guess I never will. I think that's a good thing. I've been playing the song "In My Next Thirty Years" in my head a lot lately, and I've been grateful I don't have regrets like he does in the song. I feel like my first thirty years were a success, and I also look forward to the next thirty. Of course, there's plenty I still intend to do better... but I'm happy with myself in the past ones.

I had a wonderful birthday, filled with wonderful family, some great friends (it was so much fun getting buzzed from facebook texts on my phone all day from birthday wishes) and especially my amazing husband. He so thoughtfully took me to a place he heard about that he knew I'd love (Boudins) because I like sourdough bread. It was so sweet of him and it was so great to eat outside and enjoy the ambiance of the fountains. Then I got to go pick out a present from Vera Bradly (did you know they give you a $20 gift certificate for your birthday?! Sweet!!) Love their stuff and look forward to spending my $20 each year. It was a good day. Thank you so much to each of you who were a part of it.


Photo curtosity of Haylee - she was so adorable. It was completely her idea to take the picture. She got everything all set up and took about twenty shots. (I have no idea where she got that from... cough, cough) She kept looking at the picture and she'd say "That's a good one," or "I got it." She also set up a whole 'nother scene but wasn't able to take the picture. She was so cute putting it all together though - placing things just so... Its going to be so much fun being a 'photographer' with her.

4 comments:

Entwined Essentials said...

So glad you had such a wonderful day!

Samuel + Olivia said...

Congrats Crystal!

Rainee said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your 30th birthday! I felt the same, it wasn't a huge of a deal to me. Maybe at 50 it will! hahaha Love ya Crystal. Happy belated Birthday!

MGSKeller said...

"Of course, there's plenty I still intend to do better... but I'm happy with myself in the past ones." That is something that a mother cherishes. A child who is satisfied and content with her world. What a blessing. Love you lady!